🚗 About us
We are reshaping the € 70bn European car leasing business, one of the largest yet-to-be disrupted markets! The traditional car leasing industry is slow, complicated and expensive. As a result, most SMEs and independents cannot afford to lease cars for their employees.
We put all our efforts to ensure that ordering a car through LIZY is as easy as ordering a toaster on Amazon. Since 2019, our business has been growing rapidly as we’re incredibly ambitious. Our goal is to become the European leader in digital car leasing.
LIZY is a well funded startup with off-the-charts revenue growth and an amazing team of A-players. We’re backed by Lab-Box, the investment fund of D’Ieteren that aims to improve the mobility of people and goods in a scalable & sizable way.
🥳 Fun (Have it): Enjoy the ride - life is short.
🎁 Feedback (Give it): Feedback is the breakfast of champions. Always assume positive intent.
🏋 Personal Growth (Master it): Never stop learning and improving.
🔥 Wow (Deliver it): Actually make our customers say "WOW".
🏋️♂️ Drive (Show it): Show commitment and bring everything you have. Do what you say and say what you do.
👩💻 The Team
At LIZY, we believe that a happy cohesive team can go a long way. We do everything that's possible to build a work environment that enables everyone to work at their best. Working at LIZY means being part of an empowered team and collaborating with talented colleagues with experience at well-known companies such as McKinsey, Uber and Google!
Who are we looking for?
LIZY is looking for a motivated full-time back-end developer to join us!
Our back-end tech stack currently consists of an event-driven Python Serverless Infrastructure. Data stores include Redis, PostgreSQL,DynamoDB, ElasticSearch. The underlying infrastructure runs on AWS using a combination of managed services like Lambda, SQS, SNS, GraphQL, API Gateway, AppSync. It runs through CI/CD pipelines that run automated tests and deploy to AWS via the Serverless framework. Our back-end primarily serves a graphQL API that our front-end React app consumes.
- Growth Mindset: You’re always keen to learn new things, share your knowledge, adapt to change, and learn from past experiences.
- Challenge Lover: You are not afraid of challenges, nor to look for creative ways to overcome them.
- Independent: You feel confident working on your own and taking initiatives.
- Open to New: You’re willing to put the extra energy to acquire the necessary knowledge to be autonomous.
- Team Player: You have great teamwork skills and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally.
- Time Management: You’re efficient, have good communication skills and are able to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team.
- Cool-headed: You can handle the pressure and flexibility of a dynamic company.
- Proficient in Python, or any other modern language and ready to dive into Python. DJANGO framework knowledge is a plus.
- Solid grasp of the common software engineering practices (git, unit testing, code documentation, continuous integration, dependency management, monitoring, version management,.. ).
- Experience in designing and building complex and yet maintainable systems, and able to do so in about one-third of the time that most competent people think possible.
- Experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
- Substantial knowledge of cloud architecture (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform ), serverless, and database design concepts.
- Ability to design and communicate with external APIs (Rest, GraphQL, SOAP, …).
- Fluent in English.
🤩 Perks and Benefits
At LIZY, we deeply care about our workers. Therefore, we offer
➡️ Flexible Work: Amazing modern headquarters at Flagey, Brussels, possibility to work partially or fully remote (even after Covid-19), organize your own work schedule, and enjoy the sun while working on our rooftop!
➡️ Attractive Package: Fair salary and generous package including meal vouchers, transport, insurance, car, and strong long-term incentives with stock options.
➡️ Quality Equipment: Top range tools including laptop, computer screen, mobile phone, keyboard, and Bose noise-cancelling headphones.
➡️ Learning Opportunities & Empowerment: Hands-on experiences, take initiatives, incredibly talented colleagues to learn from, free books at disposal.
➡️ Friendly, fun & transparent environment: Join an international team of friendly mates in a transparent and fun work environment.
➡️ Extra: Fresh fruit, quality tea & coffee, weekly team lunch, and monthly team drinks.
🙌 Having second thoughts?
You don't feel like you're matching 100% of the criteria? We encourage you to apply anyway! Study shows that candidates in this situation are less likely to apply, however LIZY aims at being inclusive as we are well aware that diversity brings a huge added-value to the team. It is more important to have the right mindset!
Do you want to build tomorrow's car leasing platform? Then send your resume to email@example.com!