Backend Developer (short term assignment)
🚗 About us
At Lizy, we are reshaping the € 70bn European car leasing business, one of the largest yet-to-be disrupted markets. Lizy is one of the projects of Lab-Box, the investment fund / incubator of D’Ieteren Auto where we improve the mobility of people and goods in a scalable & sizable way.
Our backend tech stack currently consists of an event driven Python Serverless Infrastructure. Our data stores include DynamoDB, ElasticSearch. The underlying infrastructure runs on AWS using a combination of managed services like Lambda, SQS, SNS, GraphQL .... It runs through CI/CD pipelines that run automated tests and deploy to AWS via the Serverless framework. Our backend primarily serves a graphQL API that our front-end React app consumes.
Every team at Lizy uses the OKR methodology to set quarterly and annual goals and measure corresponding achievements. With our weekly planning pace and our no nonsense written culture we focus on the most important tasks while keeping our long term goals in mind.
👩💻 About you
We're looking for a freelance back-end developer to join our team for a min. of 3 months. You must have experience in designing and building complex and yet maintainable systems, and you should be able to do so in about one-third of the time that most competent people think possible.
You have experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a multidisciplinary team.
- Proficient in Python, or any other modern language and ready to dive into Python. DJANGO framework knowledge is a plus.
- Understanding of common software engineering practices (git, unit testing, code documentation, continuous integration, dependency management, monitoring, version management,.. )
- Substantial knowledge of cloud architecture (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform ), serverless and database design concepts.
- Ability to design and communicate with external API’s (Rest, GraphQL, SOAP, …)
- Willing to put the extra energy to acquire the necessary knowledge to be autonomous
- Ability to handle the pressure and flexibility of a young company
- Fluent in English
🍭 What can we offer you?
- A great challenge for min. 3 months
- Help building the leasing platform of the future
- Being part of an international, winning team with experiences at Google, Uber, McKinsey,...
- A desk in our cool headquarter office at Flagey, Brussels or remote: as you prefer
Excited? Let us know! 📥 Please send us your application, base rate and CV to email@example.com. No agencies.